9.18.2011

Stretched.

Lately, I've felt stretched out. Do you ever feel that way?

Like if I were to tether my left hand to Pike's Place Market in Seattle, and my right hand to a palm tree in Miami, I could easily give the U.S. a hug. That's how stretched I feel.


Recently, my cousin/best friend since my paci days got married. It was the most magical wedding. And witnessing that magic gave me a myriad of feelings, but the main one was just wanting to constantly give her a hug because I love her so and am ecstatic about her new life change.


Then fire began to rampage Texas, and my desire to hug people now expanded to random, hurting strangers. It was hard to hug those fire victims all the way from Waco, but last weekend I was able do just a small of thing for them by bathing their displaced horses at a barn in Elgin.

My heart is just in a bunch of different places right now: with my cousin, with fire victims, with my family in Austin, with my church in Austin, and here at Baylor. I feel as though I'm wandering around my life's perimeters, leaving little pieces of myself everywhere, because I'm unsettled sitting in one place. I feel stretched. And it's hard, because I desire to be in every place at one time. I've never really felt like this before.

Stretched. Unsettled. Blah.

Well, here's this:
Many are the plans in a man's heart,
but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. 
Proverbs 19:21

Yes. There is no denying that I feel stretched right now. That I feel like (if only my 80 year old knees could hold out) I could run a marathon with my energy and desire to move around. 

Yet, there is purpose. There is purpose for where I am right now. Wanting to hug people is no bad thing- truly not a bad plan for my heart. But it is the Lord's purpose that prevails

Sit. Stay. Embrace the purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment